Black Knight Africa is evolving into an a full time Tech Development Company and in so doing is in need of strategic skilled staff members to help her achieve its goals.
Therefore we have decided to recruit Android Developers. DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Based in Kampala, Uganda and under general supervision, the Mobile Application Developer II is responsible for developing mobile applications that adhere to intended design requirements. Working directly with user interface designers and clients, the Mobile Application Developer transforms concepts and wireframes into functional applications to meet project requirements.
- Participate in mobile application development projects following a formal process, including: requirement development, architecture design, communication protocol development, user interface design inputs and review, code reviews, use of software standards, and testing
- Prepare documents, including requirements analysis, design, release notes and user guides etc. while working closely with other technical leaders.
- Review wireframes and/or storyboards to ensure proper design considerations are adhered to for the specific operating systems and platform/system constraints are considered.
- Design, implement, test and debug mobile applications.
- Participate in software design reviews and code reviews.
- Develop test protocols and procedures for design verification.
- Collaborate effectively with a team of other highly skilled interdisciplinary engineering professionals
- Work with sales team and customers to help scope and estimate project efforts
- Work closely with Project Management to track project milestones and project issues/risks
- Ability to work on a team to deliver results against milestones and deliverables
- Capable of defining project scope, deliverables and team requirements
- Able to work successfully in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment and effectively multi-task priorities in a team-oriented environment while being flexible and adapting to changing requirements and schedules
- Knowledge of best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Proficiency with web and accessibility standards.
- Service or industrial design experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- A relentless customer focus
Education & Experience Requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Related Field or equivalent professional experience.
- 1+ years of experience developing mobile applications within a iOS and/or Android environment, with a preference for experience developing applications utilizing WiFi or Bluetooth communications.
- A portfolio of applications released to either the App Store or Google Play
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Black Knight Africa does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability