Black Knight Africa is Expanding in its operations and business and as such shall need services of an office assistant. An office Assistant shall be required to perform a wide variety of responsible office support and administrative functions in support of multiple services or department. The Office Assistant position requires proficiency in the full range of general office services and functions as well as knowledge of the services of their department and work assignment.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets customers of the company and its various sub departments / brands by phone, in person or through electronic media. Assesses customer needs and explains services, processes, procedures and guidelines. Handles requests/transactions or directs the person or matter to the proper sources. Assists in resolving problems and ensuring satisfactory customer service. Processes forms or applications to ensure accuracy and completeness; computes or verifies data, fees or payments, enters data and forwards or files paperwork.
- Uses a personal computer and a variety of office software applications including word processing, email, and file management. Creates documents in Word or uses predefined templates and form letters. Creates or maintains files in Excel. May create PowerPoint presentations and use Access or other databases.
- Operates office equipment such as printers, copy machines, fax machines. Serves as liaison with service and vendor personnel.
- Provides direct or indirect assistance to company functions and services. This includes meetings and appointments scheduling, administration of records, administration and scoring, supporting clients and advising services and general support to programs in the company.
- Enters information into Banner and/or other large and complex databases of company records and services, ensures the accuracy and completeness of the data, and generates reports or outputs as needed.
- Receives mail or correspondence for the work unit or area. Opens or reviews correspondence and determines proper disposition.
- Maintains company supplies and inventories. Tracks status, orders, purchases, and maintains or distributes supplies as needed.
- Files documents and develops or modifies filing practices, including use of electronic rather than paper records.
- Coordinates, organizes, and takes minutes at meetings, and supports other company department activities and functions. Schedules or obtains use of products and services and equipment for use.
- Handle Marketing Services and Brands / Product Awareness via Social Media, Physically and any other channel that promotes the company.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
Position involves sitting for given periods of time while working at a computer terminal. However you will be required once in a while to go out say on Marketing services or setting up appointments .
Exposure to Business training or related work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Contemporary office practices, procedures and techniques;
- Spelling, vocabulary, math and grammar skills appropriate to the level of the position.
- Operating a computer and various software packages eg Microsoft Office;
- Operating a variety of office equipment;
- Identifying client needs and matching them with available resources
- Creating, organizing and keeping records.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships;
- Meet company expectations regarding customer service;
- Maintain a reliable and dependable attendance record;
- Provide effective and responsive service to department customers and contacts;
- Locate information using electronic resources, including the Intranet and Internet, as assigned;
- Learn and utilize Banner or other information systems and databases.
Kampala Residents are Preferred